Serve with 1 cup sliced veggies.
1⁄2 pkg (14 oz/397 g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
Garlic Onion Nutritional Yeast Topper, to taste
1 pkg Home-Style Chicken Stew Seasoning
2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
1 large potato, Russet or Yukon Gold
2 stalks celery
1 tbsp oil
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Roll out puff pastry until flattened into a 6" square. Cut into six pieces; cut small slits with the tip of a small knife. Place pastry pieces on 1⁄4 Sheet Pan lined with 1⁄4 Sheet Pan Liner.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg. Brush over pastry. Bake until slightly puffed and golden brown, about 15 min. Sprinkle with topper once cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine seasoning with 2 cups water. Set aside.
- Peel and cube potato. Dice carrots and celery. In Multipurpose Steamer combine potatoes, carrots, and celery with 1⁄2 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 8 min or until veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large sauté pan. Cube chicken. Add chicken to pan; stir-fry until golden and cooked through, about 4–5 min. Finely grate 1 tsp lemon peel.
- Stir in reserved seasoning mixture, cooked veggies (including any liquid in the steamer), and lemon peel to pan. Bring a boil, then stir in frozen peas. Cook until warmed through, 1 more min.
- Serve stew in bowls and top with pastry.
Puff pastry thaws best overnight in the fridge; roll it out when it is still cold to the touch.
Make it vegetarian: Swap chicken with 2 cans (14 oz/398 ml each) lentils, drained and rinsed.